Saturday, May 16, 2020
Notice to All Tennis-Playing Members:
On May 15th, Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham modified her previous stay-at-home order to now allow for outdoor tennis, provided it is played in accordance with the state-mandated safe practices. Tennis can be a great opportunity for members to relieve stress, socialize (at a distance) with others and provide much-desired exercise. Of primary importance is taking every precaution to keep all participants safe.
Because tennis does not require any direct person-to-person contact, players can enjoy the many physical and mental benefits that tennis offers so long as everyone practices social distancing by keeping six feet apart from other players and by limiting gatherings to less than five persons to ensure you are in a safe exercise environment.
If you choose to play tennis at the Club we are requiring that players observe these safety protocols.
BEFORE YOU PLAY
Arrange to play only with family members or others who live in your household or with individuals who are considered to be low risk.
• Do not play if you:
o Are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC.
o Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
o Are a vulnerable individual, i.e., an elderly individual and/or an individual with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma and those whose immune system is compromised such as by chemotherapy for cancer and other conditions requiring such therapy.
o Have traveled to a high risk COVID-19 area in the last 14 days.
PREPARING TO PLAY
• All tennis participants need to make a court reservation prior to arrival. Walk up play is not permitted.
• Wash your hands with a disinfectant soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer) or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available, before going to the court. Please bring sanitizer with you.
• Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and bring your own water bottles.
• Do not share racquets or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats and towels.
• Bring a full water bottle or two. Water coolers will not be available.
• Use new balls and a new grip, if possible.
• Consider taking extra precautions such as wearing a glove on your tossing hand.
• If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
• Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there. If players are still on your assigned court upon your arrival, please wait until they leave the court before entering.
• Avoid touching court gates, fences, etc. if you can. There will be a few benches available that should be wiped down after use with a disinfectant. Folding chairs may be brought for individual use.
• Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent
• Try to stay at least six feet apart from other players. Do not make physical contact with them (such as shaking hands or delivering a high five).
• If you play doubles, please try to avoid all incidental contact, NO Bryan Brothers Chest Bumps and NO whispering to each other from a close distance to strategize.
• Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet or other equipment. Wash your hands promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Avoid sharing food, drinks or towels.
• Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
• Stay on your side of court. Avoid changing ends of the court.
• Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
• If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or with your racquet.
• Leave the court after playing as soon as reasonably possible.
• Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after coming off the court.
• Do not use the Fitness Center locker room or changing area. Shower at home.
• No extra-curricular or social activity should take place. No congregating after playing.
• All players should leave the facility immediately after play.
AT THE CURRENT TIME
• Face masks should be worn at all times (except while exercising), from arrival to departure.
• Only the tennis professionals may operate the ball machines. A tennis professional will be on site Tuesday and Saturday mornings from 9 to 11 to operate the ball machine for interested players who register two days in advance.
• Priority on certain courts will be given to the tennis professionals for lessons to Members by appointment only and to no more than four people (Social Distancing) at one time.
• Play will be limited to no more than 1.5 hours at a time. This may be adjusted depending on demand and when Courts 1 and 2 become available.
• Round Robins will not be held.
• The Casita will remain closed. Women and Men bathrooms will be open and available for use.
ACCESS TO THE COURTS IS LIMITED TO MEMBERS AND THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS ONLY; NO GUESTS ARE CURRENTLY PERMITTED.
We thank you for your patience and look forward to everyone getting back on the courts…SAFELY!
Sotheby's International Realty ® is a registered trademark licensed to Sotheby's International Realty Affiliates, Inc. This Web site is not the official Web site of Sotheby's International Realty, Inc. Sotheby's International Realty, Inc. does not make any warranty regarding any information, including without limitation its accuracy or completeness, contained on this site. Equal Housing Opportunity. Visit Sotheby's International Realty 505.988.2533
Design By SantaFeWebDesign.com